Labels

Monday, May 4, 2015

Me


Hi! My name is Shelby Walker. I live in Maryville. I am not from East Tennessee originally, but moved here from the Nashville area. My husband and I rent a little farm house. We have two dogs named Ruby & Jiggs! They are awesome. We also have bees, chickens, and a few cows. I like to bike the foothills and I enjoy painting. I used to teach ceramic classes. Trey and I are beginning classes to become foster parents. We don't feel qualified or prepared but are excited to start the journey! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you over the next few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I was a foster parent from 2000-2006 for 8 placements. It is quite an experience. Our 12 year old, Emmaleigh, was our 6th placement, whom we adopted.

    We also have grown children who are 31 (and mother to our 2d grandson), 27 (and father to our first grandson), and 23. Both grandsons are 2, but about 6 weeks apart.

    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete