Labels

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Google Sites

I found this Google assignment the most difficult. The tutorials were helpful but I found that I had to re-watch them multiple times to accomplish each task. I did find it easy to add additional pages, yet, it was not simple to format said pages. It took me a while to figure out how to resize the images I uploaded to the two pages I created. Initially, both images were very large and took up the entire screen. 

It was odd to me that the background color and patterns were to be changed only in the "manage layout" link listed in the settings drop down menu. It appears to be an "out of the way" progression. I appreciated the pre-programed theme offered when first creating the site. This cut out much time and energy required in order to create an aesthetically pleasing site. The history of changes offered to users could be helpful if it was necessary to note what day or time an announcement was posted for parents' viewing or when documenting the date of a particular past event.

I need more time working with Google Sites to become familiar with the layout of the functions but I can see this option being very helpful when it comes time to create my own classroom website. I think that it is a great, organized way to relay information to parents. And, of course, its Google so it is free! 

Click here to view my classroom website. 

1 comment: